Finding the right candidate – especially when you need to fill a position fast – is like searching for a particular fish in the ocean. Sure, there might be plenty of fish out there, but they’re not all the same. You can’t afford to hire a great white shark when you work in a dolphin kind of culture (yes, we know dolphins aren’t actually fish. But you get the idea).And you can’t expect to catch a dolphin with a $20 fishing pole from Walmart either.
Here’s the good news: your ideal candidates are out there. You just need the right strategy and maybe the right partner to catch them.
That’s where on-demand recruiting comes in.
What is On-Demand?
On-demand recruiting is a process for filling individual roles and small projects and it is strategically designed to support internal efforts to ramp up hiring quickly.
For example, let’s say you need to hire a new VP of Finance. It’s just one role, but it’s essential that the right person is found. Hiring an executive search firm is a viable option, but that involves a contract and runs the risk of not having much input during the initial sourcing and screening process.
With on-demand recruiting, there’s more flexibility and access to a larger talent pool. Organizational culture and unique talent requirements will drive the process, and it can be as hands-on as you want.
What are the Benefits of On-Demand Recruiting?
It’s a jungle out there when it comes to hiring. Demand for talent keeps ramping up and competition is fierce. HR leaders and hiring managers need a surefire way to meet hiring challenges quickly and economically. Here’s how on-demand recruiting helps:
- It can be agile and flexible. Need to fill out a new team with qualified professionals? With on-demand recruiting, you can do that without signing a long-term recruiting contract. When your roles are filled, you can scale back.
- Costs can be managed more efficiently. Many a budget meeting has thwarted even the best of hiring strategies. With on-demand recruiting, however, there is more control over hiring costs because you aren’t signing up for a lengthy contract.
- Your internal team has support. When your hiring needs outpace the bandwidth of your internal team, you can still get the help you need. On-demand recruiting works within your current processes and helps you with part or all of the recruitment cycle.
- Cutting edge recruiting technology is leveraged. Recruiting technology is evolving every day, but it’s not always possible for individual companies to invest in the latest tools. With an on-demand recruiting model, you gain access to the best technology on the market without having to purchase it outright.
How can On-Demand Enhance the Candidate Experience?
With an engagement approach to recruiting, you can be connected with the best candidates on the market and engage them even before they join your team. Here are just a few ways on-demand recruiting can make the most of every recruiting experience:
- Personalizing candidate experiences – Attract candidates with recruiting experiences that will be most persuasive to them. That includes keeping them informed throughout the process, speaking to their specific skills and career goals and helping them feel valued, even if you don’t end up hiring them.
- Vetting candidates for cultural fit – Make sure you find the right candidate for the job – the one who not only has the skills you need, but also the personality and shared goals to function well within your culture. Using a thorough vetting process emphasizes hiring the right candidates, not just filling seats.
- Recognizing during the recruiting process – Did you know that recognition doesn’t have to be for current employees only? Incorporate recognition as part of the recruiting process because it’s a proven way to improve offer acceptance rates and set candidates up for long-term engagement.
If you have small project-based hiring needs or individual roles to fill, and you need to supplement your internal hiring team with experienced recruiting professionals, on-demand may be the way to get the job done. Oh, and did you know, Engage2Excel can provide on-demand recruiting for you? Learn more here.