Making resolutions for the New Year is easy but sticking to them not so much. In addition to your standard resolutions, have you thought about adding some that focus on Employee Recognition? If you haven't in the past, now may be a good time to start.
We've asked some of the Engage2Excel Group team to share their 2021 Recognition Resolutions, and we are listing our ten favorites if you're not sure where to begin or need some ideas!
- "My goal is to make sure I reach out to everyone for their birthday and anniversary next year with a message or eCard!" - Terri
- "I will exercise my recognition giving skills three times a week with each recognition expression delivered in a different way." - Roy
- "As an HR team, we decided that each one of us would recognize at least one other team member for a job well done during our HR meeting. I also want to ensure we follow the two parts specificity rules which I learned from Roy Saunderson, our chief learning officer! I will invite Roy on one of my next HR meetings so that my team can learn about it as well." - Isa
- "I will be putting a daily reminder on my calendar to ask myself who can I recognize today." - Lori
- "My resolution is to log into our recognition program at least once a week and give some form of recognition. Chiming in on a social recognition post, sending an eCard, sending a badge or (when warranted) nominating someone for points are a few ways to achieve this." - Deepti
- "My goal is to recognize/nominate one person a month for an award and also not to forget birthdays and anniversaries and recognize these special days with eCards." - Essy
- "Keeping up with the calendared birthdays and anniversaries by sending special notes included in an eCard. I will also continue to reach out to individuals on a weekly or bi-weekly basis to check-in." - Maxie
- "My Recognition Resolution for 2021 will be to send three eCards a week." - Alison
- "I will commit to understanding better how my team wants to be recognized and rewarded, whether it is done publicly or privately, through a simple verbal thank you, an eCard or nomination." - Isabelle
- "A recognition resolution that I have in 2021 is to be sure I am tracking and submitting all of my recognition via our recognition program. I tend to do recognition via emails with a quick thank you or an email with images. I want to formalize my recognition and make sure that I do it more often, especially when we are so busy." - Mirella
Implementing and maintaining resolutions focusing on recognition is an excellent way to encourage additional giving. Not only will you feel good handing it out, but the person receiving it will also feel good about themselves and they may pass along further recognition. 2021 is looking to be a positive year, so get a head start by breaking out of old habits and incorporating new ones around recognition giving.